question: what will it take to regain whatever momentum will be lost if we delay without resolution or worse, opt out..? those who penned our Founding Documents were representatives from their respective areas... some traveled on more than one occasion to meet and hammer out what we today are wanting to restore to their rightful National prominence... some did so at personal expense and sacrifice...from another perspective, the American People lost touch - personal contact - long ago with their "elected officials" which is but one major reason i believe we have law-givers in place of true representatives... then there's that broad anonimity provided by electronic communication and with that an easily accessed bail-out condition.. by that i mean that committment can be made but not followed up on without much repercussion because one can "hide in plain site" with the most cursory excuse for not being true(to one's committments)...i think we, as representatives, need to look each other in the eye one way or another, one date or another, one place or another... committment to this with the time and cost involved is, in my opinion, no less an issue than one's personal decision to "step of the porch"... bravado..?? no, because i and my wife still plan to be there... at least reorganize with 2 or 3(or more) meetings on the same(whatever, soon) day in more regional locations and connect electronically from them... coalescing to make a unified statement for presentation and actioning is crucial as the literal ground purchase for Citadel...we each need to have some "skin in the game" - in this III Congress "game"
i think in my ealier post i said III Citadel... should have been III Congress
i'm on the fence right now. events are moving faster than i expected, so i'm becoming leery of being away during that time. that said, i am still dedicated to the cause. perhaps we should postpone it a bit? see how things flesh out in the next few weeks?
I wish I could make it I really do but its 2400 miles one way for me to come and I don't want to fly(TSA Nazis) so unless you decide to do it later at a different location I won't be able to attend...I wish you would have it in Idaho when you all get out here maybe on memorial day weekend so wouldn't have to take so many days off work...I know a lot of you live out that way (east coast) but you need to be getting your butts out here anyway so we won't be so spread out...Its a lot easier to come to someones aid when they only live less than a days drive from you...I always hear about standing your ground and that's fine if you have enough folks in your AO to stand beside you or at least provide aid in a time of need...If not though you need to move where there's like minded people...Let me know your thoughts on the matter...
If we need to change the date to include TL let's do so. Before April 19th is best (sooner than later). It will be a financial hardship for me in fuel. But by god I'll be there, and I really feel we need the wisdom of TL.ResistIIIVICTOR
Personally important to me to be there in order to make face to face connection with like minded patriots. We need people in as many congressional districts as possible to get eyeball to eyeball with their representatives and personally hand them our demand for restoration.Will we be watched? Let 'em.Will we be detoured? Not unless we let 'emWill we be stronger?If Not Now, When?
I intend to be there. Am hoping I'll not be there alone.
I will not be able to make it on the 19th. I simply have too weird of a schedule and I have a lot of payments due before the 30th, too many to allow the money to attend.I do believe this is important, though. Things are changing for me. I think it is time to move and I look forward to again coming face to face with like-minded patriots.Is the middle of May an option? Or, should we do something else entirely?
KERODIN,Get the word out, see what people think about the middle of May. It's early enough that people might be able to adjust. I'll still be there if TL cannot make it, I believe TL's presence would be beneficial to all of us and our goals.ResistIIIVICTOR
I'm much line lineman...it's 2000 miles one way from AZ to Kings Mountain, and I don't fly for the same reasons he has. I won't be able to make it.
I plan to attend, whenever, where-ever. Us hill folk are poor and this is a big expense, but as others have said, we can't help each other if we don't know each other.Originally I planned to bring a whole group, now we are down to five.That may be reduced further based on finances.I mentioned the NC PATCOM in May earlier. If Mr. Brock Townsend would be willing to host on private property, that may be better for all.
Ditto Sandman's suggestion. If 4/19 NG, and Brock approves, rally at NC Patcon.cawrsa
I think with no more than have been dedicated to attendance, we should decide on the time and place between those honestly willing to show up.
I am planning to be at Kings Mountain on April 19th. I may be bringing a friend or two that are semi-local to that area.I would say whenever-wherever, but I'm having surgery on April 30th that will have me unable to travel (farther than an hour or two) for up to 6 weeks.I would personally like to keep the date and location set because of the historical significance of both. I will miss TL's attendence, but there is no reason some of us can't connect digitally.I say we do the initial gathering and signing as planned on April 19th, and then we do the snail mail (or hand delivery if possible) for those willing to sign but unable to attend... as long as we trust them (I'd hate to send it to an imposter to have it vandalized and/or destroyed. And while I have no one in mind while I say that, I'm not naive enough to believe there are none of those in our presence.)
I plan on being at King's Mountain on April 19th. I have everything lined up to be able to do so. I live far enough away that to change the time would make it nigh on impossible to make that event.If others will be at King's Mountain on April 19th I will be there - just need to know where we will meet. I have never been there so don't know how large it is.Chad
if i may offer this one thing as an effort based on my profession:Proverbs 13:12 "Hope deferred maketh the heart sick: but when the desire cometh, it is a tree of life."some are having second thoughts, some weren't convinced to start, some have had life happen all of which adds up to uncertainty... i speak stricktly for myself when i say that this has got to happen... there has been and continues to be far too much pushed and shoved at then imposed upon us daily not to step up with determination and dedication... the last phrase above simply means that there's a world of lasting refreshment to be gained when hope is satisfied... unless it is posted that this is postponed, rescheduled or cancelled, we're in it till it's done on 4/19, King's Mountain, SC
I'm at a loss. It amazes me more people aren't interested in this. Not that this is the solve all, end all, but what does that say about us when we aren't willing to meet face to face. The founders had more obstacles to overcome than we can imagine. This meet has been in the works for many months. How much time does one need to prepare for this????If gas money is the only thing keeping someone from coming, then speak up. We can pass the damn hat. I have no problem helping, if you are willing to help yourselves or the cause. It is long past time for us to shit or get off the pot.Mike M.
We are interested in it and its not just about gas money...Its about leaving our families for more than a week to fend for themselves, its about being off work for that long, its about being that far from home if something should happen...It would take me a month on a horse to get home...I know we want to make a statement but a lot of patriots already shat and moved away from the east coast....I think every one out there should go and us out here in the west should do one on memorial day weekend...What say yee!!
"I know not what course others may take..."I will arrive Charlotte, NC about 3:00pm on April 18th. I will be at the mountain precisely at 10:00am on April 19th. I will depart Charlotte, NC about 3:00pm on April 20th.I will be available for dinner on Thursday and Friday, and breakfast on Saturday. Contact K for my phone number if you want to get together.I committed to going. I'm going. Even if I'm the only one. I'm going.If I'm the only one I will listen to the wind and accept the morale boost.
AWM, you will not be alone. We have business otherwise in SC just before the 19th so we will be on the Mountain between 10 & 11 AM the 19th.
With reference to my decision to go to King's Mountain. Alone if necessary. The following thought occurred to me: It's kind of like a ham and egg breakfast. The chicken participated. The pig was committed.Commitment.Damn hard concept eh what?
times a runnin out so whats it gonna be dirty harry
I don't think it is about commitment to the cause, I think it is about how to go about it. After doing everything in my power to try and get to the point where we were going to follow through on our commitment to do something and decide on what that is, I decided that anything I could do I would have to do alone and I have been putting my efforts into that avenue. I'll accept being classified a nut case, damaging the political efforts if only to avoid continuing to sit on my ass.
Wasn't talking about commitment to the cause. I was talking about commitment to meeting at King's Mountain.I don't want to wake up on April 19th in my own bed at home and have the feeling I should be at King's Mountain.Whatever happens, happens.
"I don't want to wake up on April 19th in my own bed at home and have the feeling I should be at King's Mountain."Ha...philosophical genius. THAT'S the best reason to do ANYTHING.Even if you're religious, God judges you after you die. Here on Earth, we live with the memories AND JUDGMENTS of each of our actions. Nice job, Alan.
Why thank you very much Jim.This one is easy. Well, right up to the vehicle springing an oil leak, the washing machine breaking down, and the little prick deputy that nicked me for $300.00.But I will be standing on that mountain on the 19th. I will not go back on my word. And I will not be beat.
Does Memorial Day work for anyone that is too far away for Kings Mountain..
It is with much regret that I must decline attendance on the 19th.It sucks but there it is. I will be praying for those in attendance.I am between a rock and hard place on this one. I can try to get to King's Mt. OR get my folks into Max Vs tactical training class asap.The course is $400 per person and that is not something we can pass up. I feel like shit for missing this but my local tribe has to come first. And our funds HAVE to go to local readiness first.I will miss not being able to shake some hands again, and meet some new Patriots, but it is what it is. My humble apologies to all for having to bow out. I know time is running out and so BOTH these things are important.
how will we link up?
Due to circumstances beyond my control, I am not going to be able to attend. I wish things were otherwise and I am disappointed but such is life.God speed to you all.CDP
With regret I cannot make it. At the moment I am committed to preparations of my own AO. You have my full support of whatever comes out of the meet today and I would gladly place my signature on any declaration that is decided upon. May I suggest, since I wont be there that we make a phone tree or roster and begin exchanging adresses and communications via snail mail as I think thats the only secure way to do anything right now. The S has already HTF here in NY and I may be needing real life contacts. Good luck and GodspeedJason in New York
If you are not a Constitutionalist, this is not a place for you.We are not here to debate the Constitution.We seek Restoration.